WorldSkills Africa Swakopmund (WSAS) 2022 provides stakeholders the opportunity to discuss and debate around the content we publish.
Our comments system allows you the opportunity to help us moderate comments. As such, all commenters must log in before commenting. They can do this only with their Facebook account. This means that we can track users and their accounts on our system, and take the necessary steps should they contravene our policy.
So what are our comment terms and conditions?
WSAS 2022 reserves the right to remove any comment or user profile published on our website. When moderating, we try not to edit or remove too many comments, however we do try to maintain certain standards with each article. We rarely if ever edit individual comments for spelling and grammar, we just don’t have the time – but we can and may delete comments based on the following basic criteria:
• The relevance of the comment to the topic.
• The extent to which other users will understand what has been said.
• The extent of swear words, the degree of insulting language and severity of the tone of the comment towards either a group of people or an individual.
• Users who abuse the comments facility by posting under existing aliases or who post simply to incite arguments.
• Spam posts such as advertisements’ as comments will be disabled on the site.
• Most importantly, racist, sexist, offensive and abusive comments will not be tolerated.
We reserve the right to maintain the quality of the discourse on the comments board as much as we can. As per our website’s terms and conditions, we require that users report untrue, inaccurate, defamatory, illegal, infringing and/or harmful content. WSAS 2022 undertakes to correct and/or remove such content or any part thereof if the person reporting such content provided reasonable grounds to prove the alleged nature of the content.
Users undertake not to post content to the WSAS 2022 website that may be illegal, defamatory, infringing, harassing, obscene, commercial advertising, personal marketing, profane, untrue, incorrect or harmful and WSAS 2022 reserves the right to remove such content.
We undertake to review any comment reported to us within 12 hours. We do, however, reserve the right not to delete a comment reported as abusive, if we feel it has not contravened our terms and conditions.
All actions and decisions taken by our moderators are final. It is unfortunately not possible to enter into correspondence regarding specific moderation activity. We will however read all correspondence. Finally, please respect other people’s views and beliefs and consider your impact on others when making your contribution.